Tuesday, December 18, 2012

It's today.

No one who has ever known me would probably peg me for beauty obsessed. You generally won't catch me pouring over Glamour or Vogue magazine (unless I'm in the salon getting my hair done), I have almost never gotten up at 5 am to have my hair perfectly curled before facing the world, and I do not sacrifice our family groceries so I can have some of the latest fashions. But nevertheless beauty is a passion of mine, especially beautiful skin. 

I really love skin. It's more likely that I love the nervous system because it is the touch and feeling parts of skin that I'm most drawn to. Feeling textures on my fingertips like velvet or glass, dipping my hands into a container of beads or uncooked rice, stroking my child's super soft cheek and holding his tiny puffy fingers. 

I love to touch and feel, but I love other things about skin too. It completely fascinates me. Its entire makeup and how it works is so interesting to me. I also really get into skincare, I always have. From my childhood I had to be super aware of my skin because of it's sensitivity to the sun and penchant for burning. In high school I got into making my own skin & hair care products and learning about natural treatments for skin problems. 

Since then I have sold different skin care products and types of makeup. I went to school for Cosmetology which just reinforced everything I already knew about skin, hair, and nails and my interest in skincare. 

This blog is going to be about skin and the many products I like and dislike to do with skin and beauty. I will showcase my favorite Artistry products that I sell but I will also talk about other products that I have no affiliation to. Occasionally (and immediately) I will also feature some things to do with Influenster. 

Everyone should have a perfect skin day, and I think it's today. ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment